Mekong Navigator Upstream Saigon to Phnom Penh 5 days
PRICE AND BOOKING
Price per person in a double or twin cabin
|Tours & Packages||Low season ( May to Sep)||Shoulder season ( April)||High season ( Oct - Mar)|
Low season ( May to Sep)$919
Shoulder season ( April)$1148
High season ( Oct - Mar)$1538
Low season ( May to Sep)$1059
Shoulder season ( April)$1320
High season ( Oct - Mar)$1759
Low season ( May to Sep)$1198
Shoulder season ( April)$1495
High season ( Oct - Mar)$1998
Low season ( May to Sep)$1398
Shoulder season ( April)$1752
High season ( Oct - Mar)$2348
Low season ( May to Sep)$1672
Shoulder season ( April)$2090
High season ( Oct - Mar)$2805
Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho
Depart Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon on a scenic drive to the port of My Tho to embark the luxurious Mekong Navigator and settle into your elegant suite. As your upstream journey commences towards Cai Be, experience our cordial hospitality on the Sun Deck at a welcome reception and introduction to our friendly and professional crew who will present a safety briefing. In the evening a “Mekong Delta” themed dinner offers a cultural and innovative introduction to Vietnamese cuisine.
Day 2 : Cai Be - Sa Dec
After a short sail to Cai Be, the English-speaking guide will accompany you on the tapestry of waterways by sampan, passing a colourful collection of local boats from the delta provinces, larger boats selling their goods and the characterful stilted houses of Cai Be. Continuing into the narrower canals of Cai Be, a stop is made to visit Ba Duc House, a traditional Vietnamese home and garden. Back onboard the sampans, it’s a short paddle through the canals to reach a traditional rice factory where industrious artisans produce rice paper, rice wine and popped rice. There’s a selection of postcards, souvenirs, and beautiful oil paintings on sale. On return to the ship an elegant buffet lunch is served while sailing upstream through tranquil riverine scenery towards Sa Dec.
On arrival at Sa Dec port the traditional sampan is again used to navigate the tapestry of Mekong canals, giving guests the opportunity to observe traditional village life before arriving at the historic town of Sa Dec. A visit here would not be complete without a visit to the former home of Mr. Hyunh Thuy Le, who was the inspiration for Marguerite Duras’ famous novel, L’Amant (The Lover), as well as the Chinese Temple called Kien An Cung,built in honor of the Huynh Thuy Le Family, where you will be warmly welcomed by traditional Chinese Lion Dances. Guests return to the ship on foot through the town's market which is a bustling, extraordinary and colourful experience, providing many wonderful photo opportunities of the fresh and unusual produce of meat, live fish and seafood for sale.
Day 3 : Cu Lao Gieng - Long Khanh Island
In the morning, guests make the short journey from ship to shore by traditional sampan, landing on the charming island of Cu Lao Gieng to visit a local village where hundreds of sampans and rowing boats are made daily. An enchanting sampan cruise circumnavigating the island ends with a visit to the Cu Lao Gieng Cathedral, which was built in 1879, shortly after the Notre Dame Cathedral in Saigon in 1863. There may be an opportunity to interact with a local priest at the Cathedral (subject to his availability). The peaceful villages are surrounded by flourishing orchards and verdant green lawns, far removed from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Mid-afternoon your sampans take you to the local island village of Hong Ngu in the Mekong Delta, close to the Vietnam-Cambodia border. Here, a large number of traditional Khmer scarves are woven in many village homes and exported to Cambodia. Guests have the opportunity to observe the weaving process passed down many generations. Some villagers are also embroidery artists and display their art for visitors to enjoy. The inhabitants of this rural area have only recently become familiar with western travellers and always offer a friendly welcome. Before returning to the sampans guests can enjoy a walk around the beautiful evergreen island, stopping for a visit at the home of a local war veteran.
Day 4 : Border Crossing
After border formalities, relax and enjoy leisure time on the sundeck, in the lounge, library or wonderful La Vie spa until mooring close to the city of Phnom Penh late evening. Guests observe a fascinating transformation in the riverfront architecture. Exciting cultural activities will take place on board.
Day 5 : Phnom Penh
Following breakfast the crew bid farewell as guests are invited to disembark in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Overnight onboard the luxurious Mekong Cruises
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners including themed dinners
- Complimentary wine for lunch and dinner
- Champagne welcome reception
- Farewell reception
- Complimentary coffee and fine tea selection, soft drinks, local beer, and local spirits
- Complimentary aluminum water bottle for excursions
- Complimentary wifi in-room and public areas
- Exclusive experiences: Traditional Cambodian and Vietnamese attire demonstration, cooking demonstration, tropical fruit carving demonstration, cultural lecture, Apsara blessing dance performance, and crew farewell performance
- English – speaking crew and expert local guides
- All entrance fees, transportation as mentioned in the shore excursion programs
- Deluxe Sampans with cold towel service, fresh fruit and tea/coffee service (where applicable)
- Individual VOX listening devices throughout cruise shore excursion program
- Shoe cleaning after excursion
- Welcome drink and cold towel service following excursions
- Transfers to/from Ho Chi Minh City and Siem Reap to Embarkation/Disembarkation points from designated rendezvous locations
- Port charge and gratuities
- Airfare to/from destination
- Premium wine and spirits
- Transfer outside included transportation as provided in the shore excursion program
- Spa treatments, onboard laundry and gift shop items.
- Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho
- Day 2 : Cai Be - Sa Dec
- Day 3 : Cu Lao Gieng - Long Khanh Island
- Day 4 : Border Crossing
- Day 5 : Phnom Penh
Mekong Pandaw from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap 5 Days
5 days 4 nights
Phnom Penh - Silk Island - Tonle River - Kampong Chhnang - Tonle Sap Floating villages - Siem Reap
Pandaw Cruise Downstream from Phnom Penh to Sai Gon
5 days 4 nights
Phnom Penh - Cruising the Mekong - Chau Doc - Cu Lao Gien - Sa Dec - Cai Be - My Tho - Sai Gon
Serenity Cruise Phnom Penh - Siem Reap or Vice Versa
5 days 4 nights
Phnom Penh - Kampong Cham - Kampong Chhnang - Tonle Sap - Siem Reap